Saturday, 24 February 2007

I've got a fan. I got a genuine, bona fide fan. Whoo Hoo.

I went to an interview on Thursday. I came back looking a little bit like a wet cat. No really. The weather was mild and sunny for the three days before but no, Thursday was mild, breezy and wet. And I went for another wash and blow dry. Another £15.50 wasted.

The money thing is started to look dire. I really need to find a job. Not just any job. A well paid job permanent job. Or enough low pay and part-time jobs to make up the £1100 a month I need to keep the roof over my head, pay off the loan, pay the bills and feed myself.

The interview? It was awful. One of the essential criteria for the position was a "confident communicator". So, presented with three smiling women and some tough questions, I stammered and paused and umm-ed and ahh-ed right through the interview. I was cringing every time I opened my mouth.

n-power don't want me nor do Go West Midlands. I managed to apply for a job with Sandwell Council and someone near Rowley Regis Crematorium and Cemetery saw my cv on Monster and wants me to go for an interview next Thursday. When we spoke on the 'phone, he really wasn't sure what the job entailed himself. This sounds like "fun".

The frequency of interviews is about once a fortnight. If I can keep that up and increase that to once a week, I should be able to find a job. Maybe. Perhaps.

Oh God!!! I fucking hope so!!!

Enough panic.

I've trawled through the usual web sites for jobs here in the West Midlands. The local councils are Wolverhampton, Sandwell, Birmingham and Coventry. They should be "safe bets" but they really are asking a lot for the money they offer. A experienced benefits fraud officer is only offered £14,000 or so. The West Midlands Police are also useful. Someone clearly thinks they've got a sense of humour though. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the West Midlands Constabulary's PLODCAST.