Monday, 17 September 2007

I've got a bad feeling about this

I didn't get the job I was interviewed for last Wednesday. Surprise.

The job I have been offered seems to be slipping away.

My prior sick record is poor. Even though over the past year my sick record looks like anyone else's, the pre-exisiting conditions thing hamstrings me every time.

At the meeting @ 13:30, I met the Chief Executive.

It was like being interviewed again for the same job. They kept picking away at the painful joints thing.

I also showed them the test and assessment results from the Sandwell Test Centre which showed high marks for accuracy, verbal comprehension and numeracy. Although impressed, the Human Resources lady wasn't impressed enough to photocopy that one.

Although they were really nice and I could prove that my sickness record has improved over the past year, I really think they are going to withdraw the offer.

Two references are a non-starter. One lot won't give references to temporary agency staff and the other lot have scattered after being taken over by another company. The people I used to work with just don't seem to be there anymore.