Thursday, 18 October 2007

Now you see it........now you don't

I got a call from Reed at about 9:30 this morning.

There's a job. Data entry for the purchasing department in the local NHS offices in Chapel Ash for between £6 and £7 an hour. Would I be interested?

Is the Pope a Catholic?

Michelle told me that she'd call me back after she had sorted out the details, confirmed the job and found out who I'd be reporting to.

Ten minutes later, she called back. The job was £5.93 per hour, the hours were 8:30 to 17:00 and she still had to confirm who I'd be working with but the job was on for tomorrow.

Friday?

Yep. The job entailed a short day's training so that I could hit the ground running on Monday.

Okay.

So as well as going to JobChange to look for work on-line, I called in to the Job Centre to sign off.

On my way back home, I called in to Reed.

Michelle met me and said she was still waiting for the 'phone call. I'd know as soon as she knew.

Ten minutes later, I was wandering through the Mander Centre when I got the call.

The job was 'on hold'. They would call her on Monday.

Terrific.

That meant I had to sign on tomorrow.

I am going to a 13 week review meeting tomorrow - hopefully I'll be able to sort something out then.