Monday, 3 December 2007

If you want to write to Santa, his postcode is BT99 1EE.

I know it's been a long time.

I've been busy. I am busy. I'm currently holding down two jobs.

The part time bakery job and a full time night position in Stoke sorting computer images of letters.

While I'm in Hanley, sitting in a giant open plan office that's a call centre during the day, I'm sorting mainly Scottish mail. Not mail to Scotland. Not mail from Scotland. Mail in Scotland. Work that one out.

And we're getting a lot of mail for Santa Claus. Here's a tip. Try using envelopes.

With no computer at home, I have to book appointments at the local library (only one appointment a week, three hours maximum) and I'm using those to search for jobs on-line mainly and sort out my e-mails.

I work 10pm - 6am in Stoke, travel home, spending 8am to 9am relaxing and getting ready to go to the day job, work 10am to 2pm (this week I'll start working 'til 3pm) at the bakery, get home and get ready for bed at around 4pm-5pm and then get up at around 7:30pm to start getting ready for work again.

If I'm lucky, I have about 3 hours sleep a day. I knew my depression related insomnia would come in handy one day.

I'm trying to get my life sorted, I'm still applying for jobs and I'm currently earning slightly more than I was earning at the Big E. So far, so good.

Of course this all falls to pieces just before Christmas when Royal Mail let their Christmas Casuals go.

Goody.