Thursday, 21 February 2008

And another one bites the dust

My temp agency sent out a girl who's going to be covering the Reception next week. Well, that was the plan.

A skinny, expensively dressed, bottle blonde showed up with such an attitude on her that even the Day Cleaner was voicing her opinion about how long she'd last.

The plan (simple as it was) was to let her see how the Receptionist works and then let her try out the job. She'd be employed for today and tomorrow as well as next week. There was much fun and laughter when she refused to handle 'phone calls even after she was assured that she was being paid.

It was then decided that I would go downstairs tomorrow afternoon to follow the Receptionist so that I could take over next week. My last week here and I get a brand new job to do. Terrific.