Wednesday, 27 February 2008

Whole lot of shaking going on

That's the second time I've experienced an earthquake.

The first time in 2002, was a very minor 'quake with the epicentre near Dudley. This time it was a larger but still quite a minor 'quake with the epicentre in Market Rasen.

Both times it felt as if a large truck was taking its time to pass by the house and both times I woke up about 30 seconds before the shaking started.

On the one hand it's cool that I have some kind of earthquake predictor thing going on inside me although quite what use a 30 second warning is is beyond me and on the other hand, I have depression related insomnia. I routinely wake up repeatedly during the night. If I thought there was going to be an earthquake every time I woke up, I'd be so freaked out that I'd have no hair left.

Of course, it goes without saying that when I was sitting on Reception this afternoon, waiting for the 'phone to ring, I was slowly nodding off. The 'phone woke me up a couple of times.

Fabulous.