Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Having fun just wasting time

When I first heard of The Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain, I wasn't interested.

Being a left handed dyslexic, I can't read music very well at all and had real nightmares learning recorder, flute and singing (sight reading and sight singing is beyond me, even now).

Mum bought a ukelele banjo and expected me to learn how to play it from an instruction booklet.

It. Did. Not. Go. Well.

That was then and this is now. The nightmare is over and I don't have to know chords or strings, or which way up it's supposed to go, or anything.

Fast forward to 2008 and I'm wasting time looking at random related videos, I came across them on Youtube and, although funny, I'm disappointed.

After all, I was expecting an orchestra. There's, only, like, seven of them.