Monday, 19 January 2009

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

After a long day at work I came home to find a letter on my doormat. It was brown and manila and official looking and came from the Tax Man.

My heart sank a little. Yet another form to fill in and yet more looking stuff up. I'd have to drag up the old wall planners again and fill in all the......

Actually, no I didn't.

It's a summary of all my employers from 2007 - 2008 and 2008 - 2009 and a cheque.

A cheque!

A cheque!!

For £568.06p.

Hee hee!

With my birthday coming up this will be awesome!

Now. Wish list

I want

shoes - there are two pairs I like the look of in Clarks.

an mp3 player - there are plenty of nice ones for under £40.

clothes - I like trawling the charity shops for stuff for work, but I need new underwear as well. A lot of socks are looking threadbare for a start.

stuff for the house - there's sooooooo much to be done.

I can pay off the last £200 of my credit card bill - boring, I know, but that'll be one less payment to make.

a haircut - my hair is growing at a massive rate and looks extremely untidy.

Um, um, um

Actually, that's probably the entire lot spent already.

Whoo hoo!

Money! Unexpected free money!

Although it's not free exactly, is it? It's all the tax I've overpaid since I left the Big E. Still I wasn't expecting it and it's a bonus.

Whoo hoo! Retail therapy, here I come.