Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Nope. No hope.

Today was my penultimate pay day. I checked my bank balance and saw that my wages HAD gone in and my benefits HADN'T.

Terrific.

I called the JSA Helpline and was told that first time payments could take up to three weeks to be paid.

I hadn't received the letter stating that I was entitled to benefits and there was no guarantee that I was automatically entitled, was there?

So, I have to wait for the letter to arrive?

Yes.

Great.

I had that meeting with HR.

It. Did. Not. Go. Well.

Well, it was friendly enough. It turned into an informal interview for the position I applied for.

It turns out that they were looking for someone who had experience in more than one discipline.

Um. Yeah.

And I had only had experience in one section.

Um. Yeeeeaah.

Would I be willing to transfer as and when required to other sections.

Um. Yeah.

We'll let you know.

As I walked out of the site, I was passed by a car driven by one of the other redundant people.

He'd had started in the same section as me and, later, had been farmed out to other sections.

Great.

I knew, as soon as I saw him, that he was going to get the job.

I hand delivered the school laboratory technician and pottered around Dudley for a while before posting off hard copies of a form and my ID to another agency.

1 more application that makes 22 applications in total.