Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Guess what!?

You'll never guess!



You never will!



Guess who's been made redundant, today?



Awwwwww!



You guessed.



That's right.




Little old me.




I was called up to see my Operations Manager who took me and another woman to an office where a new Chief Executive told us that due to the loss of a series of high value contracts, we were two of nine people made redundant from our site alone.

There was another site completely shut down in the last year and there were no white coats working on another site after this round of redundancies.

Well that made us feel a whole lot better.

As I hadn't been employed for two years, I wasn't entitled to statutory redundancy pay. What I was entitled to would be revealed tomorrow as the HR woman was not on site.

So we were sent home.

On my to the bus stop I found 50p. Walking past the Audi showroom I found a £5.

I've applied for Jobseekers Allowance.

I've collected my Council Tax Benefit application form and I've applied for 8 jobs already.

If I remain unemployed, then it won't be for the want of trying.

Pfffffffft!