Monday, 23 November 2009

The novelty has definitely worn off now........

After a pretty poor weekend down with Dad (the house is a tip, Dad won't wash fully as he doesn't like showers and can't get in or out of the bath anymore and trying to get him to eat and take his fistfuls of tablets is getting harder and harder), I called Walsall Manor.

I made an interview appointment for 10am on 30th november 2009 and thanked whoever it was profusely for it. There would be a letter in the post confirming the arrangement.

Then I went to sign on.

I was called up and sat down in front of a bright, blonde who asked me how I was getting on.

I told her about the interview date and she was very pleased for me. I told her I was very fed up and hoped to find work soon.

Yes, she said, most people find the novelty wears off about now and reality kicks in. Still, it's only a matter of time before you find something, so you don't have to worry.

I sat and smiled as I signed under my exemplar signature and walked away before I said something that could get me thrown out by Security.

NOVELTY? NO. VEL. TEE?

What planet has she been on, lately?

I don't have to worry?

Eh?

In these days of recession, mass redundancy and job insecurity, it's good to know that the Job Centres are employing the very best and most understanding staff.

Not.