Friday, 20 November 2009

Still waiting for Heartlands,but get this, better late than never

On 20-NOV-09 X Hospitals NHS Trust said:

Job Application

NHS_Jobs_ID Message 407-JB1384

Further to your recent application regarding the appointment, I am pleased to advise that you have been shortlisted for an interview: Interview Date: Monday 30/11/2009 Interview Location: Seminar Room in Xxxxxxxx Interview Format: Approx 30 minutes I would be grateful if you could contact me to confirm your attendance and to book and interview slot as soon as possible on 01922 xxxxxx ext xxxx; should you not contact us prior to the interview date, we will assume that you no longer wish to continue with your application. Please note that a letter with these details will also be sent to your home address with additional information. Xxxxx Xxxxx - Xxxxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx (01922 xxxxxx X xxxx) ** THIS EMAIL IS GENERATED FROM AN UNMANNED MAILBOX. WE ARE UNABLE TO RESPOND TO ANY REPLIES TO THIS MESSAGE. *

Terrific.

I called the number, but got an ansaphone. I tried calling the place and getting through to the Recruitment/HR Section to be told that the name given in the automatic e-mail didn't work there anymore.

I called the number and the extension again, and left a message saying that I would call first thing on Monday.

Slight thing, dear reader, I applied for this job on 24 September. I'm not going to hold my breath on this one. Especially as someone who doesn't work there anymore seems to be dictating recruitment.

I could do without the surreal and weird, at the moment.