Friday, 6 November 2009

Waiting

The strikes are over at the Royal Mail and I received a text message from Primetime.

"Good morning all, unfortunately i have just been informed that ALL shifts have been cancelled at royal mail,wolverhampton this weekend. At present, there are NO temporary staff required on site from friday - monday. As soon as we have any more information, we will let you know asap. Sorry this is only a text message to let you know, but i must contact approximately 100 people asap to let them know. Thank you, primetime"

Well. Great. There may be no work this Christmas then, as all the striking workers are probably signing up for all the overtime they can manage to fit in.

I received a 'phone call from Heartlands asking me if I was still going to the interview on Monday. Try and stop me.

I trawled all the usual internet sites and found one job worth applying for. And applied for it.

43 jobs and counting.