Tuesday, 22 December 2009

I'm not trying to break records, I'm trying to survive.....

The form arrived today. Today. Wow!

Along with a rejection letter from one of the places I applied to on the 10th. That was fast too.

I filled in the form and went to the Nationwide to talk to someone about filling in the rest of it.

A tall guy with long, frizzy hair in a ponytail came out to talk to me.

He told me it would be sent to the Mortgages Section and they would fill in the form before sending it to the DWP. Of course, being Christmas, it would take a little longer than usual to get the form to where it's supposed to go.

He'd never encountered one of these forms before and he didn't know how long it would take to get it all done "normally".

Great. My heart sank.

I'll have to make the payment in January and after that, the DWP will take over.

Great. My heart sank lower.

I tried to impress upon him how skint I was, but he didn't know how long, or how much or anything really.

Great. My heart went to my stomach and I felt sick as I left.

I'm really not looking forward to this at all.