Saturday, 26 March 2011

Dear Career Agony Aunt..........

When I first started working at a hospital, I thought it was a little bit creepy that there was a funeral directors' shop on one of the street corners opposite.


It came in dead handy when my uncle died, however, as it meant I didn't have to take time off to order the headstone.


I could do it in my lunch hour, instead.



However...........




In recent weeks, two more funeral directors have opened up directly opposite our main entrance.



Being sandwiched between the two new funeral directors is hardly a ringing endorsement for the greasy spoon cafe, either, although the customers are in the best place for after care should the English fried breakfasts do their worst.

However, as the growth industry around the hospital where I work seems to be funeral directors, should I be worried?