Sunday, 13 March 2011

Now where was I.........

The last year has gone from bad to worse starting with my uncle dying less than two weeks into my new job (that was a barrel of laughs) to my Dad requiring nursing home care. I have fabulous brothers who are dealing with the day to day things there.

My job has gone from full time permanent (as I was assured of in interview) to a temporary contract. Continued employment from the end of January 2013 depends on passing an exam. Two exams. Hard ones. Exams which people three years into the job have failed first, second and third time around.

My house is still a building site - with my Dad incapacitated, my brothers helping him and on a very low wage I alone have neither the time nor the money to get stuff done.

The place where I work has been in the local and national news as has a previous employer.

The commute from Wolverhampton to Walsall by bus is a screaming nightmare and I'm still fat, hairy, spotty and depressed.

So depressed in fact, that I now qualify for treatment at Wolverhampton Healthy Minds. Treatment so far has consisted of a series of wonky Powerpoint presentations in a local hotel, with the option of more one to one sessions later.

Oh, the joy.

The derelict hospital I live near may have something happen soon, but we're not holding our collective breath as much has been promised before in the Sainbury's/Tesco War of Raglan Street.

So, all in all it's been a horrible year all round not just for me but for a large part of the world in general.

Gawd 'elp us all!